1. Brotosusilo A, Nabila S, Negoro H, Utari D. The level of individual participation of community in implementing effective solid waste management policies. Glob J Environ Sci Manag 2020;6:341-54.
2. Kamarehie B, Jafari A, Ghaderpoori M, Azimi F, Faridan M, Sharafi K, et al. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of municipal solid waste in Iran for implementation of best waste management practice: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2020;27:37514-26.
3. Jome'pour M, Behzad M. An investigation on shaping local waste management services based on public participation: A case study of Amol, Mazandaran Province, Iran. Environ Dev 2020;35:100519.
4. Mingaleva Z, Vukovic N, Volkova I, Salimova T. Waste management in green and smart cities: A case study of Russia. Sustainability 2020;12:94.
5. Kala K, Bolia NB, Sushil. Waste management communication policy for effective citizen awareness. J Policy Model 2020;42:661-78.
6. Jalalipour H, Jaafarzadeh N, Morscheck G, Narra S, Nelles M. Adoption of sustainable solid waste management and treatment approaches: A case study of Iran. Waste Manag Res 2021;39:975-84.
7. Zamanian A, Farokhiyan F. Survey of public participation in municipal solid waste management (case study: Abadan city). Hum Environ 2015;16:95-104.
8. Koushki B, Nasrabadi T, Amiri M. Effective factors in municipal solid waste minimization and recovery by making use of citizens' participation; case study of a district in Tehran city. Pollution 2020;6:367-75.
9. Afshar F, Abbaspour M, Lahijanian AA. Evaluation of affecting factors on citizen participation in comprehensive waste management (case study of districts 8 and 12 in Tehran). Environ Energy Econ Res 2020;4:155-64.
10. Esmaeilizadeh S, Shaghaghi A, Taghipour H. Key informants' perspectives on the challenges of municipal solid waste management in Iran: A mixed method study. J Mater Cycles Waste Manag 2020;22:1-15.
11. Hasani M, Moradi H, Nejad MJ, Khodashanas M. Investigating different methods of Isfahan waste management with life cycle assessment approach. In: Second Conference on Environmental Planning and Management. Tehran. 2012. p. 1-14.
12. Roshan S, Kouhkan M, Saeedianrad A, Pazoki M. Physical and chemical analysis of municipal solid waste in Isfahan metropolis and review of public participation strategies in the separation plan. Environ Sci Stud 2018;2:499-508.
13. Maghmoumi A, Marashi F, Houshfar E. Environmental and economic assessment of sustainable municipal solid waste management strategies in Iran. Sustain Cities Soc 2020;59:102161.
14. Beshruye HT, Behzadi M, Khani M. Presenting a conceptual model of public participation in waste management in Tehran (case study: Areas 3, 6 and 21). Hum Environ 2016;14:37-46.
15. Tsai FM, Bui TD, Tseng ML, Lim MK, Wu KJ, Mashud AH. Assessing a hierarchical sustainable solid waste management structure with qualitative information: Policy and regulations drive social impacts and stakeholder participation. Resour Conserv Recycl 2020;15:105285.
16. Guenduez AA, Mettler T, Schedler K. Citizen participation in smart government: A conceptual model and two IoT case studies. In: Beyond Smart and Connected Governments. Springer Nature: Springer; 2020. p. 189-209.
17. Dehghani MH, Dehghanifard E, Azam K, Asgari AR, Baneshi MM. A quantitative and qualitative investigation of Tehran solid waste recycling potential. Knowledge and Health. 2009; 4(1):40-44.
18. Moradi T, Abolhasani MH. The study of the age of compost on the quality of the produced compost (a case study of compost municipal waste management organization). J Environ Health Eng 2020;7:165-78.
19. Shumal M, Jahromi AR, Ferdowsi A, Dehkordi SM, Moloudian A, Dehnavi A. Comprehensive analysis of municipal solid waste rejected fractions as a source of refused derived fuel in developing countries (case study of Isfahan-Iran): Environmental Impact and sustainable development. Renew Energy 2020;146:404-13.
20. Isfahan Municipality Waste Management Organization. Available from: Available from: https://pasmand.isfahan.ir/fa/search/node.
21. Tashakkor S, Chamani A, Nadoushan MA, Moshtaghie M. Acoustics in urban parks: Does the structure of narrow urban parks matter in designing a calmer urban landscape? Front Earth Sci 2020;14:1-10.
22. Isfahan Municipality. Available from: http://isfahan.ir/fa/node/2054. [Last accessed on 2017 Apr 22].
23. Khorramabadi GS, Porzaman H. People involved in the management of municipal solid waste in 2005, in Khorramabad. J Lorestan Uni Med Sci 2006;8:23-8.
24. Zhang D, Huang G, Yin X, Gong Q. Residents' waste separation behaviors at the source: Using sem with the theory of planned behavior in Guangzhou, China. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2015;12:9475-91.
25. Nasab TJ. Management Assessment of Waste Separation from Source with Planning Approach in Tehran Municipality (Case Study of District 4 Municipality). 7th National Conference and Specialized Exhibition of Environmental Engineering Tehran; 2014.
26. Fahiminia M, Farzadkia M, Nazari S, Jang SA, Matboo AS, Ibrahimi A, et al. Evaluation of the status of citizen participation in municipal waste source separation plan and offering corrective strategies. Qom Univ of Med Sci J 2013;7:66-72.
27. Rafeie H, Shahnoshi N, Rahnama MR. Survey and ranking of urban areas in terms of citizen participation in separation from waste source using multi-criteria planning: A case study of Mashhad. Geogr Res Q 2013;28:195-214. Back to cited text no. 27